eCommerce drove global parcel volumes sky high in 2018 to 74 billion, a 17% increase over the previous year. Studies show that 40% of online shoppers are willing to buy from other merchants in other countries, and merchants are extending omnichannel shipping strategies to ship directly to consumers from offshore suppliers.
Navigating the cross-border parcel logistics wave is creating challenges for retailers committed to free shipping and on-time delivery performance.
The wave does not look to be cresting anytime soon. eCommerce still only represents 12% of total retail sales globally and it is expected to exceed 17% by 2021. And cross-border eCommerce is growing at an even faster rate.
ConnectShip is bringing together a panel of shipping experts from across the world to help you better understand the latest global shipping trends, how they will impact your supply chain, and what you can do to address them. Amanda Armendariz, editor at Parcel Magazine, will moderate this exciting discussion on the state of global parcel shipping.
Are you looking to meet the challenge of a global supply chain? Here is what you will learn in this not-to-be missed session:
- What are the trends driving the global surge in parcel shipping
- What is the state of parcel shipping in non-US markets
- The challenges faced by freight forwarders, retailers, and technology providers in an increasingly more complex cross-border parcel supply chain
- The problems associated with shipping into and out of unknown markets
- How to simplify the global parcel supply chain through partnerships
The panelists are:
Amanda Armendariz - Editor - Parcel Magazine
Benn Bekic - Corporate Development - WiseTech Global
Bob Malley - Managing Director - Pierbridge
Kerry Holmes - Director Europe and South Africa – SmartFreight
Rajeeb Mohapatra - SVP & GM - Pitney Bowes Commerce Services
Tim Leary - Director of Operations - ConnectShip